⛺ camp

last week we had school camp to Living springs it was only for the year five and six, we went to school camp on Monday then came back on Wednesday. We had car groups I was lucky I was with my friend during the car drive my car parent was Simon Brown we drove to Governors Bay,  that’s where we started walking, we walked from Governors bay to the camp site the walk was probably 2 hours it was very long, mostly the boys were complaining about the heat and how long it was but we did get maybe 2 or 3 breaks we first had a break at Governors bay that’s where we first had our break .

There was a little playground with a slide and 4 swings so lucky we got to have a play on the slides and swings while we were waiting for the others to finish eating we got a bit of extra play too. Me and my friends took turns on the swings we had a challenge against the boys who could jump the longest off the swings or jump the highest off the swings or go the highest on the swing. Whenever I jumped off the swing I’d go high but land on my but. It kind of hurts but it was still fun,I think the girls won the challenge, we had a girl at half time take us through the walk to the camp site.

We first had maybe 1 hour or a half a hour walk to the living springs farm we got to go on a fantastic ride on a tractor to around the farm it was bumpy fun scary we got a good view of the hills we were behind the hills anyways but we were  also on top of the hills cause that’s where the living springs  was on a hill we got to feed a rare reindeer and also got to feed a goat and a couple sheep’s maybe 8 or 5 I don’t know as good, there was 8 parents at camp so there was 8 car groups and 8 groups. We couldn’t feed the pig because she or he would bite us and we also couldn’t feed the rooster because it would poke us.  After we gave food to the animals we got to see cubs and cows there was a really big cow that was a dairy cow its name was Evie a girl, cow.

The surprising part about Evie is that shes only 13 years old and she doesn’t give milk any more and she is a grandma at the age of 13,I think she has 4 or 3 or 2 cubs i’m not sure,we got to pat Evie and feed her cubs milk that was the fun part. I think it was another hour walking to the campsite it was very tough walking up the giant hill. I stopped for water maybe like 5 times.  At the same time it’s a good workout As soon as we got to the campsite we had snacks we got to eat watermelon,oranges,pineapple,apples, and some  cake. Then we got to the hardest part making our tents we got an adult to help us it was Simon after setting up our tents me and my friend decided to decorate our tents like make our tents clean and hanging some things up. After decorating I had to set dinner up because there’s groups that have to do the dishes and to set up the dinner tables we had a little dinning area where we can eat in door, we also had a perfect vein of the sunset sunrise and the rivers also the other hills luckily I brought y camera so I could take pictures of the view.Then at night we did a activity where we were blindfolded and had to hold on to the rope we had groups and a parent that told us what to do.

For dinner on Monday we got to eat burgers and I immediately realised I ate a cow when I just gave milk and patted a cow.  This is all we did on Monday.

Tuesday

Tuesday morning for breakfast we ate toast with some jam or butter and some other toppings with the toast. We had other choices too, then we got free time so I played touch and football with my friends and a couple boys that were very annoying. Once we finished eating we got changed some people got changed in their tents and some people got changed in the public toilets, after all that we had a whole bunch of fun activities, first we  went indoor swimming then we had archery where we shot arrows at targets after practising we got to have a match where we went against other groups it was fun because we had competitive music at the same time. Then we had a long hike of counting stairs once we were going down the stairs it was basically like counting steps when walking down  counted 123 steps and so did my teacher and when we had to say our guess 123 was the Right guess. Then after that we had a obstacle coarse to do with our group it was fun there was a spider web one where you can’t touch the lines and once someone has gone through the spot no one else could use it.

then we had a tier one I forgot the rules then we had a toxic river activity where we couldn’t touch the ground so we had to swing across the square on a  rope. we had more tasks but I forgot the rules to them so it was an obstacle course, after that we went rock climbing it was indoor rock climbing but it was really fun because we didn’t have the harness on so we jumped on to something like a mat that was squishy, we did some games where there were sharks and fishes 2 adults were sharks and all the kids were fishes so when the instructor call shark-attack we had to climb the wall but if we were still touching the mat that means the sharks could eat us. after rock climbing we had our last activity we got to go on the monorail it was fast and fantastic me and my friends got to go twice because we were  the ones that brought the seats up most of the time we also named us the original group.

For lunch we had fruits and Nachos it was so yummy, for our Monday dessert we got  a chocolate mouse with some ice cream then for Tuesdays desert we got ice cream. 

WEDNESDAY

Today was our last day and we got the same things for breakfast,then we had 1 activity that was a bit similar to the obstacle coarse but there were riddles and some games that went with it. after that we got to eat mac n cheese it was so yum that I put it in a cup with a plastic glove around it. we got free play after so then I played basketball with a dad and my friends it was girls against  boys it was a little bit hard. then it was home time so we drove all the way back to school My car group was Kiara,Lucas,Theo, and the adult was Simon. on the way back in the car we played would you rather until we got to school.

Have you ever been to Living Springs?

did you do the same things we did?